Translate

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Drug in Disguise

Do not be deceived by society's open acceptance of alcohol use. Just because it is accepted does not mean it is any less of a drug than Heroin.
I have been reaching out to fellow addicts who are in need of inspiration, support, and guidance. Sadly these addicts have disclosed to me that they do not accept alcohol as being a drug. Boy oh boy do they got another thing coming. I too thought alcohol was ok because of it's deminer in the public eye.
Every time I tried to get clean and continued to drink I ended up relapsing. I finally came to accept the fact that I have an "allergy" to alcohol; when consumed I get adverse, deadly reactions. Coming to this realization, I gained a sense of clarity that I never had before. I began to know peace.
I am saddened when I see these lost souls wanting the life of the clean and sober, but not willing to do what it takes. Eventually, they will see the hard truth that we in AA have so abundantly dispersed to the people who seek help through AA.
I give fair warning to those who still believe in drinking, knowing that my word will not be enough for them, they must experience the harshness of alcohol to come to finally let it go. I can only pray they find this realization before the three endings of addiction: Jails, Institutions, and Death.

No comments:

Post a Comment