Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Acceptance

When we start our new life being sober and clean it can be hard to accept the cold reality of having an incurable disease. Some people like to think that they are different and can handle their life using. The path of consuming drugs and/or alcohol is inevitable; jails, institutions or death.

At my start I wouldn't accept that alcohol was a problem as well and to be clean I had to give up alcohol. That was so tough for me. My family has pool party's in the summer and there is always alcohol. I told myself that I could drink on occasion, I lie I'm all too familiar with, but what happens when I decide to drink more and end up drunk? I always want to get higher than the alcohol could take me. I realized my life and family was not worth the occasional drink. When I finally accepted that it felt like a huge rush of relief. I could breath easy and enjoy life for what it truly is. I am happy with my life, family and myself. Nothing could worth more than being positively happy with my family. My kids are happy with their mommy. It's amazing that with a blink of an eye you finally see the light (Famously sung by Aerosmith's Steven Tyler).

Acceptance is one of the most important keys to having peace within. Set yourself free and be you! You were made by God and God doesn't make mistakes. You are precious and beautiful. There is always a second chance you just have to want it and take it! Free yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment