Translate

Monday, April 20, 2015

Taking Life for Granted

Life comes in different forms to each person. Some people are fed from a silver spoon, some from a metal one, some from plastic and some don't even have a spoon. These are all metaphors, though, you get idea. So many addicts use to deal with pain in their lives. Here is the problem; people often exaggerate their hardships and make them much more than what they truly are. Doing so hurts themselves and others around them. If we could only do the same with the good we would be much happier.

I was up last night with my husband reading about ISIS and how they were beheading Christians. I was so emotional after watching a video of ISIS beheading children. I was horrified and had this feeling that I was taking my life for granted. My family and I are going on a vacation and we are worried it might rain. This seems insignificant compared to the struggles of many people around the world. I have had my fair share of darkness and pain but I try to always be optimistic about life and enjoy the blessings rather than focus on the hardships.

I also acknowledge that just because someone else is having a grave injustice done to them doesn't make my own problems just disappear. Each one of us has problems, some greater than others yet they are still problems. Any time I think that I have a problem that is really difficult and stressful I'm always grateful that my problems are not more than what they are.

When you are having a bad day try to imagine the children of Islam and the trials they are facing, be grateful that your problems are fixable, if indeed they are. There is always somebody out there who has it worse than you. This doesn't mean that your problems are not hard it just means that you can overcome them. Be strong. Be faithful. Be Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment